As required under clause 4(1)b of the Right to Information Act, the following manuals in respect of Tourism Department, Government of Mizoram is hereby made for general guidance of the public.
1. The particulars of its organisation, functions and duties :
The Department of Tourism functions under the overall direction and control of the Secretary Tourism, Govt. of Mizoram. The Department has a Directorate but has no district office in the state. The Directorate, headed by a Director, is the implementing agency of the Department of Tourism. Its main function has been the development of tourism and its allied activities and building basic infrastructure for tourists. From its inception, it has been concentrating in building tourist infrastructure for accommodation as well as recreation facilities. It has developed a number of Tourist Lodges, Highway Restaurants and Picnic spots all over the State with financial assistance from the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. In addition, the department has been running various Tourist Lodges and Highway restaurants in the State, meeting the demands of the Government, the tourists visiting the State and the local people as well.
As per Allocation of Business Rules, Government of Mizoram, the following broad functions are assigned to the Tourism Department :
2. Powers and Duties of its Officers and Employees :
Secretary, Tourism :
He is the administrative head of the Department. Overall administrative and executive guidance are obtained from him. He is assisted by Special Secretary and Under Secretary and other administrative and Ministerial staff in the discharge of his functions.
Director, Tourism :
He is the Head of the Directorate of Tourism. Implementation of policies and programmes are carried out under his guidance and direction. He is assisted by Joint Director, Deputy Directors, Tourist Officers, other field and administrative staff
He looks after all establishment matters. He is assisted by Assistants, UDC's and LDC's.
Persons i/c of various tourist facilities :
One of the core functions of the Department is management of tourist facilities. Hence, Asst. Tourist Officers, Receptionists and Asst. Receptionists are posted at various tourist facilities to undertake this function.
3. The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability :
All the policy matters and significant decisions are usually taken at Ministry/Cabinet level. Execution and implementation of the same are being done by concerned Department at various levels.
4. The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions :
Over all administrative and executive powers rested with the Director of the Department. However, a series of subordinate officers assist the Director as per the distribution of works, as already stated at para 2, above. All necessary decisions at various levels under the Department are being made with due approval of the Director.
5. The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions :
The Department uses the following rules adopted by the Government of Mizoram :
1. General Financial Rules.
2. Central Treasury Rules Vol.I.
3. Medical Attendance Rules.
4. GPF Rules.
5. DFP Rules, 1978.
6. HBA Rules.
7. Pension Compilation CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972.
8. CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964.
9. General instructions and orders received from the Government from time to time and also issued by the Department for records, guidance and compliance.
10.CCS (CCA) 1965, and as amended from time to time.
11.CCS (Leave) Rules 1972 and as amended from time to time.
12.Fundamental Rules & Supplementary Rules
13.Manual of Office procedures.
6. A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control :
1) Orders relating to appointment / promotion.
2) Orders relating to grant of leave, transfer and posting.
3) All ACR's of staffs under Tourism Department.
4) Disciplinary orders.
5) Legal Documents.
6) Court cases.
7) Sanctioning orders relating to leave encashment of the staffs.
7. The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof ;
No such arrangement for consultation with or representation by the members of the public in formulation of its policy or implementation is made.
8. A statement of the Boards, Councils, Committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings or those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public :
Meetings of the Board, Council, Committee etc. are not open to public but minutes of such meetings are accessible to the public.
9. The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes :
10. Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorisations granted by it :
11. Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form :
Steps will be taken regarding all office papers and records being processed for computerization. Information can be obtained from the Department’s website: www.tourism.mizoram.gov.in.
12. The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use.
Since the department is a young department, it has no library, except books of Department concerned. These Bookscan be utilized by the officials only during office working hours i.e from 9.00 A.M to 5.00 P.M, on all office working days. The department has made available some information reading materials like, Booklets, leaflet, tourist information, etc. which are of distribution gratis.
13. The names, designations and other particulars of the State Public Information Officer :
State Public Information Officer
Directorate of Tourism
Government of Mizoram
Phone No : 0389 - 2333473 (O)
Mobile : 9612131887 (M)
14. Such other information as may be prescribed :